Questions for category:
- Which statement is correct about chromosomes?
- Which of the following is the most abundant substance in the cytosol?
- Protobionts are ____
- How many Barr bodies will a woman with normal allosomes have?
- Which one of the following will have the most difficulty in entering and exiting an animal cell?
- Which of the following will complement (or bind) with this DNA sequence: 5'-ATCGACGA-3'?
- Which one of the following is the most unlikely scenario for a man to be infected with HIV?
- Which of the following DNA base pairings are correct?
- Which one of the following will confer the best protection against acquiring a sexually transmitted disease?
- Down syndrome (Trisomy 21) is a genetic disorder that is caused by a failure of cells to ____.
- The nucleus contains these substances, EXCEPT:
- Which one of the following will give the most genetic variation in its offspring?
- Amenorrhea is when ____
- In the absence of chromosomal abnormalities, all humans in any given time typically have homologous chromosomes with ___.
- Which of the following is NOT observed in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?
- Which one of the following is NOT a Membrane-bound organelle?
- Which one of the following substances converts light into electrons during photosynthesis?
- Which of the following modes of reproduction requires parent cells to undergo meiosis?
- Which of the following processes ensure desirable genetic variation to be passed on to the offspring during sexual reproduction?
- DNA replication occurs during which stage of the cell cycle?
- Which one of the following cells will not produce new mRNAs?
- Protobionts most likely do not contain which one of the following substances?
- Genetically modified organisms may be produced by altering the genetic material of the host species through _____
- Which of the following can be the cause of a sexually transmitted disease?
- Only one egg cell is produced per menstrual cycle in humans because _____.
- Epistasis is when _____
- All of the following can undergo genetic variation and evolution, EXCEPT:
- Cell division occurs in normal cells when:
- Which statement is correct:
- Which of the following is NOT a living organism:
- Neutering in companion animals is the same as ___.
- Which one of the following DOES NOT have homeostasis?
- Louis Pasteur discovered pasteurization. Pasteurization is a process ____
- Sexual reproduction always involves _____.
- Which one of the following is correct, based on the central dogma?
- What type of cell does mitosis create?
- Most women produce only one egg per menstrual cycle because _____.
- Transfection is the process of _____
- Which one of the following statements is INCORRECT about genes?
- DNA replication requires which one of the following processes
- A codon is always composed of ___
- Which one of the following is a characteristic of all cells in a multicellular organism?
- Which one of the following DOES NOT contain DNA?
- Which one of the following CANNOT divide?
- If you wanted to determine the phenotype of an organism, what procedure would you follow?
- All bacteria are organisms that ___
- If a diploid cell in a flowering plant has 32 chromosomes, how many chromosomes will be in each of its gametes?
- The human genome contains ____
- A drug that destroys the nucleus will kill which one of the following?
- Biogeochemical theory states that ___.
- Which ONE of the following is NOT an intersex?
- Which is true about asexual reproduction?
- Which of the following is/are considered as cell division?
- When the genotype of an individual contains a dominant and a recessive allele, the phenotype of that individual will be similar to another individual with a _________________ genotype.
- Which RNA sequence will bind to 5'-ATCGACGA-3'?
- Which one of the following is NOT a symbiont?
- Which of the following is well-accepted and not challenged by the scientific community?
- Men are less likely to acquire HIV through ___.
- Breast-feeding is an example of a ___.
- Prokaryotes can undergo the following processes, EXCEPT
- Ribosomes can be found ____
i) Near the endoplasmic reticulum
ii) In the nucleus
iii) In the cytosol
- Which of the following laboratory procedure(s) can be done to the human genome?
i) The human genome can be amplified by PCR to be cloned in bacteria
ii) The human genome can be edited by CRISPR technology
iii) The human genome can be modified by a reconstructed virus
- One parent with a homozygous autosomal dominant genetic disorder will ___
- Cyclin proteins are made by ___
- Chromosomal Disorders can be detected using which one of the following techniques?
- Pleiotropy is when ____.
- Which of the following statement is correct about theories?
i) All theories cannot be challenged
ii) Theories are more accepted by the scientific community than principles
iii) Theories shouldn't be accepted by any scientists
iv) All theories underwent hypothesis testing
- Spaying in female dogs will directly reduce the following EXCEPT for ___.
- Transcriptome refers to the entire ___ of the cell.
- Which of the following will yield offspring with the most genetic diversity?
- Which of the following is a characteristic of cancer?
- X-linked color blindness is ___.
- Which one of the following arose from defects in chromosomal segregation?
- Which one of the following is NOT observed in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)?
- Which one of the following is true about genes?
- Which one of the following is NOT a characteristic of Parasitic twins?
- Which one of the following will reduce risk of acquiring sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
- All proteins contain ___ .
- All of the following may reduce fertility in women temporarily or permanently, EXCEPT
- Assume that the albino trait is encoded by a recessive gene. If an albino mouse mates with a non-albino mouse that came from an albino parent, which one of the following will be the trait of the offspring?
- Which ONE of the following is transferred from the sperm to the egg during fertilization?
- Mendelian Genetics is applicable to ____
- Women with normal allosomes will have __ Barr bodies
- Which ONE of the following is the most likely reason for an individual to NOT be the child of a couple?
- All of the following can be detected by traditional karyotyping, EXCEPT ___.
- Which of the following is correct regarding human DNA?
- Hermaphrodites can produce which of the following?
- Which is the best experiment that disproves the Spontaneous Generation Theory?
- Which ONE of the following is correct about mitochondria?
- If a woman who has a grandfather but not a grandmother with a recessive X-linked Parkinson's disease (XDP) marries a man without XDP. What would be the phenotypes of their kids?
- Genetically modified organisms are produced when genes of one species are ___.
- Parents with blood type A will produce offspring of the following blood type(s):
- Mature red blood cells do not contain nuclei and mitochondria. Hence, these cells ___
- Which ONE of the following will likely result in a successful pregnancy?
- All healthy humans without genetic abnormalities will have exactly the same ___
- Proteins are produced in plant cells by which one of the following substance:
- All of the following traits are considered hereditary, EXCEPT
- The endometrium of women is receptive to the embryo during which of the following stages?
- Which one of the following will least likely result from the overuse of antibiotics?
- Which of the following is a law that guarantees universal access to methods on contraception, fertility control, sexual education, and maternal care in the Philippines?
- Which one of the following activities will give the least chance of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease?
- Identical twins occur when _____
- Mechanisms of gaining antibiotic resistance include the following EXCEPT for ___
- All of the following increases the population of antibiotic-resistant bacteria EXCEPT for
- Bacteria are considered to be living organisms because of the following characteristics, EXCEPT:
- If a particular hereditary disease is found in a great grandfather but not in any of his descendants, that disease is likely ___.
- In a multicellular organism...
- Which one of the following cell type will likely have the most number of mitochondria?