Questions for category:
- Which of the following will complement (or bind) with this DNA sequence: 5'-ATCGACGA-3'?
- Which of the following DNA base pairings are correct?
- In the absence of chromosomal abnormalities, all humans in any given time typically have homologous chromosomes with ___.
- Which of the following processes ensure desirable genetic variation to be passed on to the offspring during sexual reproduction?
- Genetically modified organisms may be produced by altering the genetic material of the host species through _____
- Epistasis is when _____
- All of the following can undergo genetic variation and evolution, EXCEPT:
- Which one of the following is correct, based on the central dogma?
- Transfection is the process of _____
- Which one of the following statements is INCORRECT about genes?
- DNA replication requires which one of the following processes
- A codon is always composed of ___
- If a diploid cell in a flowering plant has 32 chromosomes, how many chromosomes will be in each of its gametes?
- The human genome contains ____
- Which ONE of the following is NOT an intersex?
- When the genotype of an individual contains a dominant and a recessive allele, the phenotype of that individual will be similar to another individual with a _________________ genotype.
- Which RNA sequence will bind to 5'-ATCGACGA-3'?
- Breast-feeding is an example of a ___.
- Which of the following laboratory procedure(s) can be done to the human genome?
i) The human genome can be amplified by PCR to be cloned in bacteria
ii) The human genome can be edited by CRISPR technology
iii) The human genome can be modified by a reconstructed virus
- One parent with a homozygous autosomal dominant genetic disorder will ___
- Chromosomal Disorders can be detected using which one of the following techniques?
- Pleiotropy is when ____.
- Transcriptome refers to the entire ___ of the cell.
- X-linked color blindness is ___.
- Which one of the following arose from defects in chromosomal segregation?
- Which one of the following is true about genes?
- Which one of the following is NOT a characteristic of Parasitic twins?
- Assume that the albino trait is encoded by a recessive gene. If an albino mouse mates with a non-albino mouse that came from an albino parent, which one of the following will be the trait of the offspring?
- Mendelian Genetics is applicable to ____
- Which ONE of the following is the most likely reason for an individual to NOT be the child of a couple?
- All of the following can be detected by traditional karyotyping, EXCEPT ___.
- Which of the following is correct regarding human DNA?
- If a woman who has a grandfather but not a grandmother with a recessive X-linked Parkinson's disease (XDP) marries a man without XDP. What would be the phenotypes of their kids?
- Genetically modified organisms are produced when genes of one species are ___.
- Parents with blood type A will produce offspring of the following blood type(s):
- Mature red blood cells do not contain nuclei and mitochondria. Hence, these cells ___
- All healthy humans without genetic abnormalities will have exactly the same ___
- All of the following traits are considered hereditary, EXCEPT
- Which one of the following will least likely result from the overuse of antibiotics?
- Mechanisms of gaining antibiotic resistance include the following EXCEPT for ___
- All of the following increases the population of antibiotic-resistant bacteria EXCEPT for
- If a particular hereditary disease is found in a great grandfather but not in any of his descendants, that disease is likely ___.